Length - 6 Weeks
- Camera buying basics
- Better photography tips
- Digital camera terminology and functions (i.e. practice taking photos, camera settings, recording videos, etc.)
- Uploading and organizing pictures on your computer or removable storage device
- Basic photo editing in Picasa and Adobe Photoshop (i.e. redeye, crop, auto functions, etc.)
- Detailed photo editing in Picasa and Adobe Photoshop (i.e. focal black and white, layering images, selection tools, colour adjustments, etc.)
- Emailing pictures
- Ordering photos and creating photo projects online
The Digital Photography course exposes students to a variety of skills and programs to take full advantage of what their digital cameras have to offer. The course gives an introduction to choosing a digital camera and basic artistic techniques for taking photos, as well as file organization, storage options, using the features of your camera, manipulating and enhancing images, and ordering photos and photo projects online. Photo editing is taught using both Picasa and Adobe Photoshop programs, covering basic and detailed image editing. Additionally, this course discusses emailing, printing, exporting, and backing-up digital photos.
Are you ready to take this course?
Students should possess these minimum skills and/or materials prior to taking this course:
- Basic computing experience (i.e. turning on computer, basic mouse and keyboarding) – If you do not possess these skills, you may be interested in taking the Basic Computing course.
- Digital camera (tablet or cell phone), including cords, attachments, batteries and/or charger
- Removable storage device and personal photos for hands-on course activities an asset
What you need to do before you attend your first class
- Call Thessalon Continuing Education at (705) 842-9191 to get your name placed on a class list. You will be contacted approximately one week before classes begin to confirm your attendance and answer any questions you may have.
- Registration is free!